IT’S GAME TIME! JBL TEAMS UP WITH DREAMHACK FOR THE THIRD ANNUAL JBL QUANTUM CUP
Gaming tournament brings players and viewers together in-person and digitally for the first time with new ways to level up and get in on the action
London – November 15, 2022 – JBL Quantum Cup, JBL’s annual international gaming experience, is back for three days of non-stop gaming and $200,000 in cash prizes and giveaways. Building on years past, JBL is teaming up with DreamHack, an ESL FACEIT Group brand, to become its global official gaming headset and elevate this year’s events with brand experiences including meet and greets with today’s top gamers, a dedicated content creation hub, exciting JBL Quantum product displays and more.
The highly anticipated return will take place from December 9-11, with participants duking it out in two of the biggest Battle Royale games: Fortnite and Apex Legends. To add to the excitement, gamers will now have the chance to compete in-person at DreamHack Atlanta, November 18-20, as well as DreamHack Winter, November 24-27 in Sweden. Winners will automatically advance to the JBL Quantum Cup Finals, which will be live streamed at DreamHack Valencia, December 9-11.
Gamers can test their skills with the JBL Quantum Cup Fortnite tournament kicking off on November 18 and catch all the action of the playoffs through live streams on JBL and ESL twitch, YouTube and Twitter channels, and watch parties hosted by JBL ambassadors and 100 Thieves members BrookeAB and NiceWigg – allowing viewers to drop in on the competition with some of the biggest names in gaming.
“JBL Quantum Cup, now in its third year, unites the best professional gamers directly with their fans. This year we are taking it a step further by introducing a hybrid experience,” said Michael Craig, Senior Director of Global Marketing at HARMAN. “For the first time ever, we are thrilled to bring together all level gamers to participate in live, in-person gaming experiences, placing them at the center of esports.”
Players can register here and head to JBLQuantumCup.com for detailed match schedules and more information.
JBL Quantum Cup Qualifying Events
● November 18 – 20: DreamHack Atlanta (Atlanta, Georgia, US)
● November 24 – 27: DreamHack Winter (Jönköping, Sweden, EU)
- At both DreamHack events, players have the chance to compete in-person for Fortnite qualifiers; winners will automatically advance to the JBL Quantum Cup Final
JBL Quantum Cup Finals
● December 9 – 11: DreamHack Valencia (Valencia, Spain, EU)
- The JBL Quantum Cup finals will be live streamed during DreamHack Valencia
● December 9: Fortnite Global Playoffs
- Fortnite Asia Pacific, beginning at 3PM SGT / 4PM KST / 6PM AEDT / 8PM NZDT; Fortnite Europe, beginning at 6PM CET; Fortnite North America, beginning at 4PM PST / 7PM EST
- Catch all the action with BrookeAB: Fortnite Watch Party on Twitch
● December 10: Apex Legends Europe and North America Playoffs
- Apex Legends Europe beginning at 3PM CET, Apex Legends North America beginning at 1PM PST / 4PM EST
- Tune in with NiceWigg: Apex Legends NA Watch Party on Twitch
● December 11: Apex Legends Asia Pacific Playoffs
- Apex Legends Asia Pacific beginning at 6PM AEDT
Download As Pdf
The JBL brand epitomizes the amazing sound that shapes life’s most epic moments. From iconic events like Woodstock and concerts at Madison Square Garden, to games at Yankee Stadium and weekend road trips, JBL products elevate listeners’ experiences with award-winning audio that lets them make the most of every moment. With 75 years of unmatched professional credentials and industry leading innovation, the JBL brand expertly blends a bold vision of the future with the passion and talent of engineers and designers around the globe. JBL’s Signature Professional Sound is the leading technology that powers major pop culture events, and the brand has partnered with the world’s top talent across music, sports and esports.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.